Welcome to my blog!


This is blog is about me dabbling with a little bit of everything, and not being particularly good at anything. And about the places I've been either on vacation or SAG:ing my husbands bicycle trips.


You can click on the pictures to make them bigger and/or click on the links to open another window for more info.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Up the West Coast - Day 11 - 9/1/12 - Portland, OR to Newtown, CT



View from the hotel of Mt Hood.
I had an uneventful stay at the hotel and in the morning I headed to the airport. I returned the rental car and got my boarding pass. My flight first took me to Denver, Colorado. That flight was good until the last half hour. I guess we were going over the Rockies and there was a lot of clouds. We had a lot of turbulence and it felt like the plane was going really fast. And sometime in the middle it dropped, I'm guessing several feet. I did not like that at all. I don't like anything that resembles roller-coasters and that was just too close to it for comfort.

My second leg of the trip was from Denver to Hartford. That part was quite smooth, just felt really long. I landed in Harford around 11:30 pm and I'd been on the road already for about 11 hours. And I still had just over an hour's drive home. I got home just before 1am. It is really nice to be home and just relax.

Hope Jeff and the other riders have great and safe trip down the coast.




No comments:

Post a Comment