Welcome to my blog!


This is blog is about me dabbling with a little bit of everything, and not being particularly good at anything. And about the places I've been either on vacation or SAG:ing my husbands bicycle trips.


You can click on the pictures to make them bigger and/or click on the links to open another window for more info.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Blue Ridge Parkway Trip - Day 1

Friday, May 4th, 2012

We left early around 6:30am to go to the Blue Ridge Parkway trip. Poor Casey so wanted to go with us, but she had to stay home. She looked pretty sad. Our first stop was to have breakfast and ended up at the Burger King in Fishkill NY. Below is a picture of it, took it just because it looked so much different than any other Burger King we've seen.

Burger King, Fishkill, NY

Some light New Jersey Traffic

Some neat bridges in Harrisburg, PA

We decided to avoid the New York and New Jersey traffic and took I-84 to I-87 to I-287 to I-78 to I-81 and then in Harrisburg, PA headed down on Rt. 15 to Fredrick, Maryland to pick up Mark. We had lunch somewhere near Harrisburg at Wendy's. Mark and his family live on top of a mountain in this adorable old house from 1905 with carriage house and a lovely yard.


Mark's wife Karen, Mark and Jeff at their house








After we backed Mark's bike and stuff we headed towards I-81 to Waynesboro, Virginia. Karen and Joe were there already when we got there. We stayed overnight at the Quality Inn, with a whole bunch of other bicyclists who were doing the Skyline Drive. The hotel was pretty bad with noisy air-conditioner and  running toilet, we had to turn the water off for the night since it kept us awake.

Mark, Karen and Joe

Dinner at Scotto's Italian Restaurant, Waynesboro, PA



No comments:

Post a Comment